Friday, April 29, 2016

Latest Projects and a Little Indie Facts

Realistic character that took over 30 hours to fully finish
So I've worked on many projects lately, and I've made tons of progress on them. It's taken many hours out of my schedule to actually work on them but I feel very confident about my work. If I could change anything to them, I would totally put more work into them. They may be good, but I feel like I could've done so much better in certain areas.

If I could improve on anything in particular, it would totally be Indie characters. I have a basic head made already, but I would to add more into it. It took me more time to make the chest region and fingers/toes of the character above, just because I had to make sure it didn't look stupid. But with Indie characters they aren't supposed to look real, they look "8-bit" instead of the cool and complex stuff you saw before. They're simple, but it's easier to see personality with these characters
Image result for indie characters
^Megalovania^

Image result for firewatch logo
Henry & Delilah are the main protagonists of a game called Firewatch
A few examples of Indie characters are (Mario, Sonic, Megalovania, Super Meat Boy, Henry & Delilah, etc. Indie games have made such a big jump in popularity over the past couple years. In my opinion, Indie games are superior over FPS games like Call of Duty, Battlefield, Tom Clancy, etc. Just because Indie games focus MORE on the storyline than the more popular genres. You actually build relationships with the characters in Indie games through the dialog boxes provided that allow you to determine the outcome of the game all by yourself. It could be good, it could be bad. Only you can determine that through your own actions. Whereas Call of Duty only has one storyline that you must follow. Battlefield has made their story better, using a similar version of dialog where it determines what you choose to do to carry out a mission. But it makes you choose someone to sacrifice at the end of Battlefield 4 to save the Valkyrie (Aircraft carrier's callsign) 

No comments:

Post a Comment